Central Coast Structure Fire, March 14 At 1800 hours (6PM) on Monday March 12 the Central Oregon Coast Fire & Rescue District was dispatched to a Chimney/Flu Fire at 989 SE Clover Lane, Waldport. As units were responding we were advised the house had been evacuated and that there was fire in the upstairs portion of the structure. The first Central Coast unit arrived on scene at 1811 (6:11PM) and reported Heavy Fire showing from the Delta side of a 2 story, wood framed structure. At this point the fire had already breached the cedar shake roof and was shooting flames into the air. Mutual aid companies were already dispatched and enroute from Yachats Fire District and Seal Rock Fire District to assist at the scene. All residents were accounted for so an aggressive exterior attack was performed to knock down the large amount of fire utilizing a 2 ½ “attack line and 2-1 ¾” hose lines. Once the fire was knocked down crews were sent upstairs to continue extinguishment while additional crews were gathering belongings downstairs and covering them with salvage tarps to protect them from additional water damage. The fire was under control at 1917 hours (7:17PM) but units remained on the scene continuing salvage and overhaul for several hours. The last fire department unit cleared the scene at 23:06 hours (11:06PM) Central Coast Fire was assisted on the scene by Seal Rock Fire District, Yachats Fire District, Newport Fire Department and Pac-West Ambulance. Toledo Fire responded and stood by at the Central Coast Station in Waldport to provide coverage while our crews were at the fire scene and the Red Cross arrived at the scene to assist the owners. At 2203 hours (10PM) Central Coast was dispatched to a medical emergency at a mobile home park on Alsea Highway. Central Coast and Seal Rock units were able to respond to this call as other crews continued at the fire scene. Due to the amount of fire a Central Coast Fire Unit remained on the scene throughout the night on “Fire Watch” to ensure that there were no re-kindles of the fire. There were no injuries of any occupants or emergency responders.