SORA Local News & Sports, Monday, February 24, 2020
SORA Local News & Sports, Monday, February 24, 2020http://eepurl.com/gT4deX
Good Monday morning. Partly cloudy today along the South Oregon Coast with highs in the mid 50s and winds out of the Northeast at 5-10 mph. Partly cloudy tonight with lows in the mid 30s and winds light and variable. Partly cloudy on Tuesday. Did you survive another “Weekend in the West”? Hopefully so as we cruise into this final week of February on a Leap Year. Mondays always have lots of news and sports, so let’s get to it….
- Storm line work on No. 10th St., could impact traffic.
- Hwy. 22 has reopened following the fuel truck wreck last week.
- Several quakes hit the Cascadia Subduction Zone over the weekend including one off of Port Orford.
- The latest report from State Health Officials about the Flu in Oregon.
- North Bend City Council has a work session today. Discussion of a recreational marijuana ordinance is in the works.
- School Board meetings for both North Bend and Coos Bay on the docket for tonight.
- Southern Oregon Workforce Investment Board meets in Eugene today.
- Celebrating Oregon’s Scenic Bikeway Program at the State Capitol today in Salem.
- SAIF Farm Safety Seminar at The Barn in Bandon today.
- Info meeting on State Forests Plans in Salem today.
- Spring Chinook Salmon Seasons on the Columbia River set by the states of Oregon & Washington for 2020.
- Spring Bear Draw results now available
- Youth statewide archery tournament coming up next month.
- Fatal on Hwy. 30 – Clatsop Co.
- Fatal on I-5 – Jackson Co.
- Reward offered regarding substation shooting.
- USCG rescues Hiker in Olympic Mtns.
- USCG helps air lift missing mushroom hiker from Loon Lake, two reports.
- Individual jumped in bay to avoid law enforcement. They waited him out.
- Police logs show damaged highway barricades, warrant arrests, probation violation, UEMVs.
- In sports, prep schedules for the week for both NBHS & MHS.
- Basketball tonight at MHS, playoff game with Junction City’s boys.
- Basketball results from Friday for both MHS & NBHS.
- District prep wrestling results for MHS & NBHS.
- State swimming results for both NBHS & MHS.
- SWOCC basketball splits with Portland CC in Coos Bay.
- Oregon women have a big basketball game on ESPN tonight vs. Stanford.
- Pac-12 basketball results from the weekend. Men’s Civil War coming up this week in Eugene. Beavers won the first game in Corvallis.
- Also, results from UO & OSU softball and baseball. Ducks finally get in the win column.
Well, I figured out the bullets. Thank you Clark for the tip! Hope you have a good Monday, and please, keep the tips flowing. Always good to move forward. Thank you. Matt
More information on the following stories can be found at the website