August 21st, 2019 – At 2:15 pm, Coos Bay Fire Department was dispatched to a reported electrical fire in the garage of a single family dwelling at 63181 Fruitdale Rd. Upon arriving at the scene, firefighters found smoke coming from the corner of the garage of the house. Firefighters were able to make access and assure the house was clear of occupants, extinguish the fire and check for extension into the rest of the house. The house suffered minor damage due to smoke and fire. Total damage to the structure was approximately $1500 dollars. After an investigation, it was determined that the cause of the fire was an extension cord that had malfunctioned that was used along the side of the garage. No injuries were reported. If you would like any additional information about the fire or Coos Bay Fire Department, contact Fire Chief Mark Anderson at 541-269-1191.

Related Posts